Friday, March 27, 2009

Bronchitis

So for the last 5 days I have had Bronchitis. I don't think I have had it this bad since high school. I remember getting bronchitis about twice a year. It sucked and guess what? It still sucks only as an adult it only makes things worse. I have the good fortune of having a nice husband and good friends that take care of me, not only did I not go to any of my meetings this week but David has been taking care of little William all week too! I hope I convey how much I appreciate all that he does for me.
While I was in bed coughing my guts out I had a lot of time to think. I had an epiphany of sorts, that I can do alot better than I have been. You now when you go through life you get into a routine and than before you know it you are in a hum drum slump. Where did the excitement go? Memories of bronchitis in high school brought back alot of high school memories. I remember having alot of goals for my life and the excitement of having a plan. I remember in seminary my teacher saying to us, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Now I really don't think that I am failing in my life. Far from it, but I think I have lost the excitement of fulfulling goals. So I thought I needed to plan a little better and have a goal. Of course now that I am writing this down all you people reading this will know about my goal (which is supposed to be a good thing right?) so for my first goal I want to achieve is to get my Young Women Medallion. Yes I already got it when I was in Young Womens but since I have been a leader and since they changed the program they have encouraged the leaders to get it a second time. So here I go again! Plus I can kill two birds with one stone. In accomplishing this one goal I know the program requires me to set more goals. So hopefully I will become a more rounded adult!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got your blog up and running! Hope you're feeling better from yoru bronchitis. I know what you mean about the slumps, I have found myself there many times. I think it's awesome you are going to go for your Young Women Medallion. Way to go and be a good example! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I have wanted to do that too, just have not! It is a great experiance. I hopr you feel better let me know if you need anything. Call me soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are feeling better, I was so glad you came to the YW Broadcast, it was good to have you there. Good Luck with your YW medallion. I think it is fabulous. It means a lot getting it as a teenager, but as an adult, you understand really, how important it is. It will be and awesome experience. You have already served for one year, so you can mark that off. You are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I didn't get much of a chance to say good bye last night. My dad had to get to work and he was driving me home. But it was so fun working with you! Hope we can do it again soon! I'm glad we can at least stay in touch with the blogs.

    ReplyDelete